Otello, Opera by G. Verdi
Opera in four acts.
Libretto by Arrigo Boito based on the tragedy "Othello" by William Shakespeare.
First performance: Milan, La Scala, 5th February 1887
Conductor: Dan Ettinger
Stage direction: Christine Mielitz
Staging and costumes: Christina Floeren
Main characters and roles:
- Otello, Venetian General (tenor): José Cura
- Desdemona, wife of Otello (soprano): Anja Harteros
- Iago (baritone): Dmitri Hvorostovsky
- Emilia (mezzo-soprano)
- Cassio, Venetian officer (tenor)
- Roderigo (tenor)
- Ludovico, a Venetian embassador (bass)
- Montano, ex-governor of Cyprus (bass)